Saturday, November 8, 2008

Dashing Count Dracula

Dashing Count Dracula stitched up in no time—I think he has a crush on the little witch.

The turned-up collar is stitched with Neon Rays in an Upright Slanted Gobelin over 2 rows. I think it makes the underside of the collar look quilted. I didn’t like the way the trick or treat bag, pants leg and open spaces looked, so I squared up the sides of the bag. I used one of the ‘new” solid Kreinik colors for the orange on the bag.

I stitched the cape with Petite Frosty Rays 821 using the Damask Stitch. The glitter in the thread and the angle of the stitch give the cape the proper sense of movement. When stitching with any thread like Flair, Frosty Rays and the like, use shorter lengths, cut the end at an angle (this cuts down on unraveling) and use a laying tool.

The finishing touch for Count Dracula’s cape is a Rhodes stitch in Shimmer Blend Ribbon for the clasp.

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

They are all darling, Michele. You may not know you have a devoted audience breathlessly watching what you plan to do next, but you do.

Do you mind if I eat candy corn while watching in the background?

Jane in CH, who thinks she likes the little red-haried girl best so far but it is hard to decide