Thursday, April 15, 2010

Grant's stocking

I’m at the very end of this project, obsessing as I usually do.

I have one doll’s eye to add (didn’t like the first blue), I would like to beef up the reindeer antlers (3 tries, 3 failures), the reindeer needs lips (but I don’t think the green they are painted is too appealing), and I found a missed stitch on a package bow (and brought the wrong thread to the store). After these little items are cleared up, I’ll add a quick two rows to the outside edges so that I don’t lose any of the painted area and it will go off to the finisher.

The sky was also basketweave in Silk & Ivory to give a quiet place for the eyes to rest. (to be continued...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks great! Nice job. What stitch did you use for the basket on the reindeer?

Michele Herron said...

It is a stitch I made up! When I get it back from the finisher, I will do a diagram.

Michele Herron said...

Click here for the diagram.