Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Ornaments from Alice Peterson

Here you can see the different tricks I tried to outline the decorations on this ornament.

The V-shaped design shows how a couched string of beads looks.  I liked it, but chasing all those beads around while I tried to string them and then couch them was irritating, to say the least.

The right top of the design below the V-shape shows the same gold beads tent-stitched.  They barely show up, so they were nixed.

At the top, I couched Kreinik Hot Wire on the anchor-shaped design.  This is what I ultimately used for the outlines on the entire ornament.  After a lot of practice, it wasn't even difficult!

Working on the stitch guide now - more to come ...

1 comment:

LIZ said...

Very nice! I really like the background too.